Friday, March 11, 2005

Farewell Colayco!


Last image of Enta Room Posted by Hello

Today marks the last day of Colayco. The memories of the next batches of Ateneans will not include Colayco. As it is, there's so many changes in Ateneo already. Tearing down Colayco will definitely obliterate the last few memories I have of my alma mater.

1. I remember Mark, Brian, and I... plus my best friend Elaine who rides with me to school every day, would open Enta room early in the morning because we had to drive our high school brothers to school. This means either breakfast in Jollibee or caf.

2. I remember sleeping on the bench in the Enta room. Looks impossible but actually not.

3. I remember trying to help fill in the septic tank outside the Enta room with cigarette butts. Yes, I was a smoker then.

5. I remember the Enta auditions at the Colayco hall. Jog freeze?! "I Love Ketchup So Much!" and "Ikaskas mo na lang sa pader!"

4. I remember it was in the Colayco sunken garden Tini ended up admitting he liked me. To which I remarked, "Eh may balak ka bang gawin sa like na yan?!" It was good while it lasted.

New friends, old friends, new loves, lost loves, and new passions... people found themselves in Colayco. This was my home for four years. I will never have the chance to bring my children to Ateneo and show them where I spent most of my happiest times in college.

Here's to you Colayco!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...