Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hips Don't Lie!!!


Instead of wallowing in self-pity because I'm an overworked, underpaid and unappreciated corporate whore, I decided to start dancing again to take my my mind off work and concentrate on losing the extra ten pounds I gained the past several months.

Last night I attended the belly dancing class at Slimmers World in Pasay Road. I'm not trying brag or anything but I have to say I'm quite a good dancer. I've failed in sports and probably in singing, but not in dancing. I never lost my rhythm. Promise! Although, watching myself dance last night, I was horrified! I was like a snake writhing because of a tummy ache! My bootie wasn't shimmying enough... I couldn't shake my bootie the right way... I couldn't undulate without laughing at myself! I did sweat a lot though...

We were around twenty, all women and most of them older than me. They came in prepared with the jiggling skirt and veil. It's a good way to exercise. I never did enjoy lifting weights. Even before I would just attend the street dance classes but I sort of outgrown that. My classmates were getting younger and I couldn't catch up with their break dance moves.

Next week I'll have my own skirt and veil too! Thanks to my bff's sister. I will try to shimmy my ass away!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...