Friday, January 21, 2005

It's all in the mind!

Psychosomatic: psycho refers to mind and somatic refers to body; the term psychosomatic means the mind making the body ill or illnesses which have been created physically within the body by derangement of the mind.

Paranoia: rare psychiatric syndrome marked by the gradual development of a highly elaborate and complex delusional system.

I have a friend who can convince himself that he has every possible disease out there...
He thought he had malaria.
He thought he had e coli.
He thought he had syphilis.
And he seriously thinks he won't live past 35 years old.

That's what I call too much brain action.

But I guess we all have our own paranoia. Mine are...
I think I have breast cancer. Doesn't mean I don't have breasts, I can't have it right?!
I won't live long enough to get married. Or if I do live long enough, I'll end up as the spinster Aunt. I'll end up doting on my nephews and nieces telling them stories of "the one that got away" and how I was so hot when I was younger everybody wanted me (... and since everybody else are dead or senile... no one will say otherwise).
I'm incapable of having children because of some weird illness.

Yes... I think it's too much brain action.

...if symptoms persist consult doctor. If there's no symptoms then we just have to live with it, right?!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...