Tuesday, January 18, 2005

It's NOT STD!

I'm still recovering from herpes zoster. No, it's not STD or anything! It's the same as the chicken pox virus but instead of getting it all over my body... it's concentrated on one area only. In my case, the lower back. It's from my first bout of chicken pox. It didn't all go away and some accumulated on my nerves and lay dormant... waiting to get reactivated. It's worse than the first one... which, by the way, I got when I was already twenty-years old. It was around January also, I was in my senior year of college. I remember I was in my immersion then. I had to commute all the way from Pakil, Laguna.

Like ordinary chicken pox, I'm still contagious so I'm isolated from everybody else here at home. It's more painful and I couldn't move or walk so much the first few days. There are some cases where permanent nerve damage happens. That's just great! Well, I wouldn't find out about it until it actually happens. The medicine is sooooo expensive too! Over a hundred pesos each tablet.

I'm not really whinny when I'm sick but really had a hard time with this one. I hate being stuck in bed the whole time.

Sometimes I really wonder why these things happen to me!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...