Monday, December 04, 2006

RSVP

As usual December is the month to get married. Maybe it's the weather or maybe it's just the season to be jolly. But statistics show that, at least here in the Philippines, December brides outnumber the June ones.

Ugh! I started hated weddings when I started catching the bouquets. Whoever said whoever catches it gets married next is a total looney and an even bigger liar! Sigh... I'm starting to turn red with fury again (at ang itim-itim ko ha?!)... I'm trying to count backwards (from a hundred!)... But once in awhile I find something nice out of this barbaric and hopeless ritual.

Our family was invited to our neighbor's wedding on the 27th. I love, truly love, their invitation! The most creative invites yet! The groom actually won a Palanca award for a children's book he wrote several years ago. So they made a sort of children's book out of their love story. I just scanned a few pages, but I hope you get the idea.

The invitation is a little bit thicker but will leave a lasting impression. It made me want to attend just to see what other gimmicks they're hiding up their sleeves!

Of course all I have to do is stay away from the bouquet and I just might really enjoy the evening.


Note: I'm actually helping a really close friend of mine prepare her wedding. The whole barkada is helping her out. The first ever wedding of LEGO GANG!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...