Monday, January 26, 2009

Evolution of Children's Parties

One of my favorite goddaughter is having her birthday party end of this month. I received the invitation already. She has a luau-themed party. I'm amazed by her mom's creativity! Check out the invites...

Birthday parties during my time (hey... that's just about more than a decade or so ago...) were not this elaborate! I remember my seventh brithday I had Ms. Piggy and Mickey Mouse mascots which didn't look much. I don't remember having a party host or magicians. And the games?! I just had palayok and pabitin! I didn't even have a them for my birthday! I remember my aunts from both sides of the family would travel all the way from Pampanga and Ilocos to help with the party, especially the cooking.

My goddaughter attended a classmate's seventh birthday. The girl had 7 wishes... like those done during debuts... 18 wishes! And the girls were made to wear gowns too!

Another friend had a party for her daughter when she turned three... she had mimes...

But don't think I won't be joining the trend... I already have a theme for my son's first birthday about 11 months from no... and I'm sure my mom will be happy to jump in and join in the planning!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Ahhh planning for the first birthday party... for me, it was so much more stressful than planning a wedding!!! While the party itself was fun, I was sooo glad when it was over!

Conchita said...

i love doing these kind of stuff and very excited to plan for his birthday. but anticipating the stress! hahaha!

Conchita said...

i love doing these kind of stuff and very excited to plan for his birthday. but anticipating the stress! hahaha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...