Tuesday, October 26, 2004

This Woman's Intuition

I'm taking an elective called Creativity and Intuition for Entrepreneurs. It's been great talking about existential and philosophical stuff. Last time I dwelled on these things was when I was still in college. Finally made me appreciate the 16 units of Philo we had to take. Anyway, there was part of our reading today that I couldn't forget. It's about the Four Principles and the Law of Two Feet, which Harrison Owen (author of Expanding Our Now) learned in a party in Balamah, West Africa.

Four Principles:
1. Whoever comes is the right people.
2. Whatever happens is the only thing that could have.
3. Whenever it starts is the right time.
4. When it's over, it's over.

Law of Two Feet
If, at any point during the time together, anyone finds that they are neither contributing nor learning, they should use their two feet and leave.

Such simple saying but great impact on me in just a short time. It's weird... this whole creativity and intuition thing got me all twisted! Now I'm thinking of things I don't ever want to think about because it's so scary... it's totally out of my comfort zone. But being in the brink of uncertainty is also exciting. It's like realizing there's actually more out there.

Maybe if I could stretch my arm long enough I'll reach it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...