Sunday, January 01, 2006

4...3...2...1

Hay salamat! Tapos na! All the hoopala during holidays can really stress me out. I mean, between parties with all my friends (parties with high school classmates, college friends, orgmates, mba friends, and other friends...) and trying to adjust in my new job, I need another holiday.

I don't really know how to greet the new year. Partly with anticipation but mostly with trepidation. After all I've actually experienced, and not just realized, that life is really full of surprises. That things don't happen the way you've planned them. So, what do I expect this 2006? More surprises for sure. But I'm taking it one day at a time. Enough of planning too far ahead (like getting married and having children). Maybe just take it as far as next friday's dinner date. I'll only get frustrated and try to tear my hair out again. I have to admit though that I still feel restless sometimes. The bug that makes me yearn to pack up my things and see the world still stings once in awhile but I think I have better control of it now. So far there's no need to run away and hide anymore.

Well... let me say happy new year to all... Reset. Restart. Make the most out of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...