Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Devil doesn't wear Prada but I wish He did!


The book by my bedside for the past few days is The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. I decided to read it already since in a couple of weeks the movie will come out and I usually try to read the book before I watch the movie.

Of course it's a total chick-flick but seriously, if you work here at my office, you don't want heavy dramas and complex plots running through your head during weekends when you just want to relax and play dumb.

Playing the devil, Miranda Priestly, is Meryl Streep and playing the lead role as the devil's assistant, Andrea Sachs, is Anne Hathaway.

Andy Sachs is fresh out of college and enters the world of Miranda Priestly, the ittest fashion editor of Runway Magazine. It's a job that... as all the fashionable anorexic and certified gays in Runway say... all girls would die for! But the reality is Miranda truly personifies a she-devil of a boss. Her demands can be unreasonable. No wonder no self-respecting girl can stand being her assistant. But Andy gets sucked in before she realizes the truth and her adventure begins.

I can't wait to see the movie. My imagination have run wild with all the wardrobe descriptions in the book and I see references to familiar names such as Hermes, Jimmy Choo, and Manolo Blahnik. Google those names for all you clueless out there.

But other than the clothes I'm looking forward to watch Anne Hathaway. Since her Princess Diaries days I've enjoyed her quirkiness and Julia Roberts-esque smile.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...