Sunday, April 22, 2007

My own BBB

It was a few years ago when I saw a bracelet at Get Happy in Rustan's. It was a bracelet with Imelda Marcos' picture. Despite the price, I bought it anyway. She may not be a totally good role model but as long as she holds the record for the most number of shoes owned, she will forever be my shoe goddess.

Anyway, I tried looking for other styles of the Imelda bracelet at Get Happy but they only have earings now. Nah! So when I came accross the site of Baubles, Bangles and Beads, and learned that they do made to order bangles, an Imelda bangle was the first thought that came to my mind.

I followed instructions on how to send my order. I gave them the pictures and explained how I wanted them placed around the bangle. I think I also suggested what color for the background but I also told them to use whatever looks best.

My order took a couple of weeks to be finished. I completely understand... it was handpainted after all. A few days ago I received an email that my bangle was already finished and attached was a picture. Awesome! Check the pictures below!



(pictures courtesy of Baubles, Bangles & Beads)

The portrait was taken from the internet. The shoes are Manolo Blahnik sketches I also got from the net. The artist did a great job right?! It's a work of art. I was totally raving when I saw the pictures and jumped for joy when I got the bangles! I showed it to my mom and she borrowed it once. She said it matched the bag that she wanted to use the next day.




Nice! Love it! You can check their site for other pieces they have, specially those made-to-order ones. I know this isn't going to be the last bangle I'll be getting from them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...