Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter to all!

Crazy day and it's only 2pm. Our cook/boy left without any warning so I was left to cook lunch. I do love cooking and I have a few specialties up my sleeves. So, for lunch I made Igado. I don't even know if I spelled it right. It's an Ilocano dish and my aunts from Laoag make superb igado. It Manang Turing, my fiance's yaya, who taught me how to make it. I'd like to share it with you.

Ingredients:
meat (preferably lomo... I don't know what part that is I just tell our butcher we need lomo)
innards like the heart, kidney and liver
liver spread
green peas
red/green bell pepper
bay leaves
soy sauce
ground black pepper
onion and garlic

How to...:
Sautee the onions and garlic (not too much oil). Once translucent put the meat. Cook until no pink shows anymore. Add a little bit of soy sauce first. You can add more soy sauce later for taste. Add the innards. Do not over cook the innards or else it will be tough to chew on. Add a pinch of ground black pepper.

Put the can of liver spread next and mix well. Add the bay leaves and stir. Put a can of green peas next and after a few minutes add the red/green bell pepper.

Let it simmer for a few minutes. Add more soy sauce and ground black pepper if necessary.

I'm an Ilocana through and through! Other dishes I love are diningding, papaitan and ilocos empanada. Yummy! Too bad our Ilocos trip didn't push through. Pigging out was on my to-do list there.

I'll post another specialty of mine soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...