Sunday, October 30, 2005

...and then there was none...

My cousins finally left. The last family on my mother side we're truly close to. We keep on telling ourselves it was for the best... that they'll have a better future in the US. We'll see each other anyway, we travel every year after all. But deep inside was sadness. We've spent most of our lives together. Being the eldest among the cousins I even took care of some of them when they were still babies. There's no wonder there were a lot of tears shed when we dropped them off at the airport.

Our Christmas this year will be a little more subdued than usual and probably a lot lonelier too.

I miss my babies already.



My big baby boy Posted by Picasa


My pretty cousin Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...