Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Movie Mania

There's so many movies coming out in the next few months based on books. I've read some of them and I can't wait to see how much close the screenplays are to the books.

I'm still young at heart and I'm dying of anticipation to watch the latest sequel of the Harry Potter series, The Goblet of Fire. As you can see, they've all grown up now. Hermoine is considered a "hottie" by my pedophile friends. Ron is as gangly as ever. And Harry is falling in love. The story is about the Tri-Wizard tournament to be held in Hogwarts. I already pictured in my head how everything would look while I was reading the book. But imagine seeing it in "real life"?! Movie opens on November 16, 2005.




I've only read two Dan Brown books, Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code. I don't think I need to read his other books because after these two, you kinda get his style of writing. Then again, I'm curious how everything will be in the movie. Tom Hanks will be playing Robert Langdon. Is he the best choice? Hmmm... maybe. I see Robert Langdon as a very intellectual person but then again in the book he does all sorts of stunts. Maybe Tom Hanks can pull it off. Audrey Tautou will be Sophie Nuveu. She looks too young to be paired with Tom Hanks... but we'll see. Movie opens May 19th next year.




I read Memoirs of a Geisha about five years ago. I've always had an affinity with anything Japanese. I love the food, anime, and manga. Most of all, I'm fascinated with their culture. My brother pointed out something about this movie... most of the characters are played by Chinese. Zhang Ziyi will be Mameha and Michelle Yeoh will be Sayuri Nitta. Movie is scheduled to be released on December 9, 2005.




Other movies I'm waiting for are The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Family Stone, Aeon Flux, King Kong, and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and Superman Returns.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...