Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Looking through the glass windows...

I'm hoping we'll spend one Christmas in the US since my brother will start school in NYU in April. I'd love to walk around Central Park covered with snow. Then probably see the big tree in Rockefellar Center.

Of course, one "must-see" in New York during the Holidays are the window displays of department stores. Unlike here in the Philippines, they go all out there.

Here are some notable displays for this season...

"Have a Witty Holiday" by Barney's (inspired by 35th Anniv of Saturday Night Live)

"A Compendium of Curiosities" by Bergdorf-Goodman

"Miracle on 34th Street" by Macy's

"Snowpeople" by Sak's Fifth Avenue

I did dream of doing window displays as a career. But I don't think I'm creative enough. Or maybe if I was living in New York I'd be inspired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...