Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cheap Thrills #1: e.l.f. Bases and Primers

I love make up! For someone who took just one session of make up class, I think I do a pretty good job putting on my own make up. Maybe because I'm naturally kikay.

To make sure I do it the right way, I use the right tools and take extra steps for my make up to look better. But make up can be a bit expensive. So I try to look for alternative brands that work as well as expensive make up brands.

I have learned to use primer and bases when putting on make up. For primer I use Sheene, a Thai brand, for my everyday use. It's about P400++ per bottle. For special occassions, I use Laura Mercier.

For base, I found e.l.f. Eye Primer and Liner Sealer. ($3.00)


The 'prime' is the base for eyeshadow. I find it effective in preventing creases and keeps make up longer. The 'seal' side can be mixed with any eyeshadow color and applied as a liner. I haven't tried that side yet.

I also have the e.l.f. Lip Primer and Plumper. ($3.00)

I like the lip primer but don't think the plumper makes my lip any plumpier. I love it with my red lipstick! It keeps it together.

Last night I attended a wedding and tried on the smokey eye look. I used lots of blues, gray, silver and a bit of violet eyeshadows to match my outfit. I kept the lips natural with nude lipstick from MAC in Jubilee and I just used NARS Orgasm blush for a flushed look. Then I just tied my hair in a ponytail. Here's the final look...


I think I did  pretty good job! I tried putting on false lashes but couldn't keep it on... have to practice that part... Saved me P1500 for hair and make up! Snaps for moi!

(e.l.f. is available at Watson's, SM and Landmark)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...