Sunday, January 23, 2011

Care from the Top

The change of weather always makes my scalp dry and flaky. Icky right?! But just like my skin that needs extra moisturizing during colder weather, my scalp needs extra TLC too. 

A week ago I read a tweet from Xeng Xulueta, make-up artist and beauty expert (I super look forward to her Beauty Picks every Thursdays!), about Purederm's Hair Masks. Since I was in bad need of hair treatment, I decided to go to Watson's and check it out. 

The Hair Masks come in different variants:


This is the one I got. "Designed to instantly heat up and protect scalp & hair. It activates with water to smooth cuticle and improves the texture of hair by providing therapeutic heat. Rich in Tea Tree Extract & Vitamin E with re-texturizing properties, they provide incomparable silkiness and suppleness from the very first application." I have tried it twice and in five-day intervals and so far hair and scalp feels good. And it really is hot on the hands! Was surprised about that. And the more you rub between your hands, the more it heats up.

"A Specially formulated hair treatment that provides the energy and radiance necessary to restore the beauty of hair weakened by coloring, bleaching and perming. Enriched with Honey, Grapefruit, Sweet Almond and Shea Butter, this richly textured creamy mask delivers deep nourishment to the hair shaft and works to smooth the hair scales in order to fix color and enhance the spring of curly hair."

"Enriched with Chamomile Extract, Rosemary Extract and other ingredients, it ‘s a rich treatment for frizzy, damaged and unruly hair. With its creamy texture and delicate scent, the mask penetrates at the heart of the hair to nourish and repair frizzy & curly hair."

"It’s a rich and creamy treatment designed to hydrate and revitalize dry hair. Jojoba Oil, Peppermint, Olive Fruit Oil and other botanical ingredients are chosen for their gentleness and remarkable compatibility with the hair’s natural characteristics. Known for its regenerative, emollient properties, Jojoba Oil moisturizes dry hair leading the way to nourished,healthy hair. With continued use, your hair becomes revitalized, shiny and more manageable."

These are all available in Watson's for about P89 only and one pack is good for one use. Was quite satisfied with the variant I chose. Also saw this one in Watson's...


Desperate for relief for my itchy scalp, I got this one too. This one is about P150-P160 I think. I use this everyday after shampoo and conditioner. 

Scalp is also skin, just on the head, so it needs the same moisturizing our skin needs. Regular hot oil treatment is recommended but for busy people like me, home treatments like these are great help. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...