Sunday, May 01, 2011

Royal Wedding Fever

Not really into the Royal Wedding thing but looking forward to the clothes... and the hats. Excited about the wedding gown most of all. Everything was so hush-hush about it.

I couldn't watch it live coz I was out that night but I did get to see the encore the next day. And also listened on AM and monitored on Twitter. Hmmm... not interested with the wedding, right?


Her dress reminded me of Grace Kelly's. That was what I noticed at once. I know coz I considered that style too for my wedding.


Lovely right?! Kate, or should I say the Duchess of Cambridge, chose Sara Burton of Alexander McQueen to design her gown. Simple yet elegant.



The sweeping train measures just over six feet. According to the official royal wedding website, the dress is made with "ivory and white satin gazar. The skirt echoes an opening flower, with white satin gazar arches and pleats. The ivory satin bodice, which is narrowed at the waist and padded at the hips, draws on the Victorian tradition of corsetry and is a hallmark of Alexander McQueen's designs. " 
(Yahoo News)

Sarah Burton also designed her dress for the reception. Another simple white strapless gown.



It has diamante detailing around the waist. What a waist! She adds a fringed white shrug for a modern look. I guess her foray to being a fashion icon as future queen of England has begun.

And now, for the family photo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...