Monday, May 16, 2005

Just Visiting

I'm in school right now. I was suppose to meet one of our professors but he had to do something and cancelled. Instead of going somewhere else, I decided to spend a few minutes wandering around the campus. The last time I was here was during the graduation practice. There were a few classmates hanging out by the zen then. Now, looking through the glass in the library, I can't see any. Eventually the familiar faces of students will slowly diminish as new students come in next month. Until the time comes when the only people who will remember me every time I visit will be the secretaries or the guards that will ask for my ID when they never did before.

An old friend said that there are some places... and I guess some people too, that when you say goodbye to, you know deep inside that you're never going to see again. There are goodbyes that are forever, permanent, even if you know they're just out there... in India or Vietnam. We will valiantly try to keep in touch, putting up an eGroup and leaving messages in their blogs until we'll all be too caught up with our lives.

I didn't want to believe this. But I guess, it's true. Because I know there are some classmates that I'll never see again. Not that I don't want to, but because life is like that.

Life will happen to all of us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...