Wednesday, May 04, 2005

YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND

This letter was taken from the Lifestyle section of www.inq7.net. The topic was mostly about love. Alisa was actually the one who told me to check it out. There were lots of stories about different kinds of love. This is one of my favorites. I hope the recepient and the sender won't mind me putting it here in my blog. It's just so moving I had to share it. And this letter was written by the guy!

Dear Ophelia,

Goodbye, I think, is one of the hardest words to say. It is because, I think, of the memories we attach to it. In my goodbye, I attach memories of my friends, my family. I see fleeting pictures of faces and places that have had a place in my life. If it so happens that I am gone for a long time, then I will miss them. But of all that I leave behind it is you I will miss the most.

With you, I remember a host of things. I remember laughing with you and I remember crying with you. I remember useless arguments and I remember our tender moments together. I can still feel your kisses on my face. But what I remember most is how I'd come to you when I'm exhausted and find rest in your arms.

It hurts me that I have to leave, and I never even thought that it was me who'd leave. Didn't I always maintain that I want to live and die in the Philippines? Isn't it funny how life works? Funny, sure, but it hurts all the same.

I've said that only time and distance separates us when I leave, and I still believe it. What scares me is all the unknown factors that will arise when we're apart. I love you, and I want to be with you again. But what if fate is against us? What if March 3 is the last time I'll hold you? As much as I fight against it, there is a chance of that happening, and I must accept it.

All in all, I'm glad that you've been a part of my life, and honored to have been a part of yours. People say that only when you are in love are you truly alive. Well, I guess I've never been more alive than these past two years. These past two years have been sweet and would have been sweeter still, had we the time.

I've been searching for words to tell you how I feel for the past few days, and was surprised to find it in a song. It goes like this:

Maybe I didn't treat you, quite as good as I should have

And maybe I didn't love you, quite as often as I could have

Little things I should have said and done, I just never had the time

But you were always on my mind

Mr. Presley will have to forgive me if I take these words as my own, but they seem to fit me so well.

I'm sorry, baby, that I couldn't give you more. That I couldn't spend more time with you. I feel like I didn't show you my love as often enough. But like the song, you were always on my mind.
In closing, I'd like you to close your eyes as I kiss you goodnight (Mwah!).

There are no monsters, baby, for I've scared them all away (shoo mawnstews!).

And don't worry, everything will be all right.

And, yes, I will come back.

I love you, baby.

Yours always,
Dominic :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...