Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Where's the silver lining???

All the planning me and Alisa have done for the past several months came crumbling down the other day. Having been denied visa by the German embassy, my Eurotrip is now cancelled. Poor Alisa now has to work around her tickets which she bought already for the first few legs. Well, having traveled extensively since I was ten, getting rejected never crossed our minds. It really came as a shock to me coz being a brat, I'm used to getting what I want otherwise I just throw a huge BF (bitch fit) and eventually I'll get it. But this is non-negotiable... so, I'm just having a BF right now.

Plan B for me is to go to Canada or US earlier. What else is there to do anyway? I'll just get even more depressed cooped up here at home. And my present financial situation prevents me from doing retail therapy.

MY suppose TO DO LIST IN EUROPE:
1. Drink German beers
2. Eat Danish pastries
3. Party in Stockholm where the sun sets after midnight
4. Shop at Mango and Zara in Madrid
5. Shout at the top of my lungs... Viva Espanya! once I arrive in Spain
6. Sit outside a French cafe
7. See Eiffel Tower
8. Visit the Vatican and see Pope John Paul II's tomb.
9. Buy Italian shoes in Italy
10. Wear my trendy coats


versus MY TO DO LIST IN US & CANADA:
1. Catch the Batmas Begins, Fantastic Four, and War of the Worlds
2. Become Ninang to my niece who I'll see for the
3. Get harassed traveling with mom and dad
4. Shop at H&M, Old Navy, and Gap (I'm cheap... what can I say?!)

I better find some new, exotic place to visit there. I really feel bad right now but I just keep on telling myself there's probably a VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY good reason this happened. Or else...


C: i'm just thinking it's a sign... baka something better is out there for us
C: kse kung wala... PUCHANG 'NANG YAN!!! BAD TRIP TALAGA!!!
A: let's just make do with what God has given us... we never know, there may be a silver lining in this cloud
A: but i don't care about the silver lining... i just wanna travel with a friend!!!

4 comments:

Fashionista Sistah said...

Wow friend! Lumalabas frustrations natin in our posts!! I'm still throwing tantrums until now!!

Conchita said...

It was suppose to be our "coming-of-age" Eurotrip and those schmucking Germans ruined it!!!

Anonymous said...

don't worry, there's always next year. world cup finals pa naman sa germany sa 2006.

Anonymous said...

I can actually relate ... perhaps not sa visa prob ... but wanting to have a friend to travel with. Pero I totally agree ... there must be a reason for all that :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...