Monday, May 16, 2005

My Babies Bit Me!

As a dog-lover, I always took for granted the possibility of getting bitten by a dog. Specially my own dogs! Well, Missy and her daughter KJ were playing, biting each other, while I was entering our house. I don't know which one of them did it but I felt a sharp pain on my ankle. When I looked, thinking it was just a scratch, there were two teeth scratches an inch long each! I was bleeding! I showed our maid and we cleaned it up with soap and alcohol. She also rubbed garlic... a home remedy from the province. Well, I didn't mind. I'd rather smell like sauteed veggies than get infection! When my parents got home I told my dad and he kinda panicked and called their company doctor. She suggested for me to have it checked and get anti-tetanus and anti-rabies shots. She warned us that depending on the gravity of the bite, the anti-rabies can be very expensive since it's a series of shots. I could just get the anti-tetanus only if it doesn't seem so bad.

After dinner, me and my mom drove to the nearby doctor. He said he'd feel a lot better if I had the anti-rabies too. We didn't know which of the dogs actually bit me. Although Missy had all her shots, KJ haven't had any. If I did have rabies, it might be too late to stop it. So tonight, my butt had two shots, both the anti-tetanus and the anti-rabies. I will have two more in the next few days. He also said that we'll just do three shots since the bites are far from vital organs and not really deep. And if after the three shots the dog that bit me is still alive, then I don't have to worry. Wow, that's such a comfort for me! I'm under observation... along with my dogs... for the next ten days.

I don't know why these things keep on happening to me! I mean... first the shingles and then this! I walk like a duck, I can't sit properly and have to sleep on my tummy. They probably think I'm so bony they'd rather give shots on my bum than on my arm!

Still love my babies though!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...